Groups: Member

Email from Jan Snover
Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Quote:

To: Robert Scott Katarincic
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: genealogy.katarincic.com

Hi Scott,

Thanks for replying. If you will email me your address, I will copy pages from our Family Tree book about the Weitermann family. I will give you some of the information now.

Emma Marie Catherine Weitermann, born June 3, 1860 in Two Rivers, WI; died in Escanaba, MI; married John Richter February 25, 1880 in Ahnepee, WI

Emma was baptized at St. John Lutheran Church in Centerville (Cleveland, WI) on July 16, 1865. "Emma Maria Catherina, the legitimate daughter of Johann Friedrich Weitermann and his wife Philippine, born Jost, was baptized by M.H. Guehl on July 16, 1865 in the Town of Centerville, Wisc. She was born June 3, 1860 in the Town of Two Rivers, Wisc. Her Godparents are Friedrich M. Pauleer and Mrs. Chr. Borgwardt, represented Frau C. Kahlenberg and Adam Treise." --Church record written in German translated by Hans Weitermann of Essen, Germany

Marriage Record #369:
Husband John Richter
Father of Husband Richard Richter
Mother of Husband Magie Richter
Occupation of husband Bremer
Residence of husband Ahnapee, Kewaunee County Co.
Birthplace of husband Manitowoc Wis.
Full name of wife Emma Weitermann
Name of father of wife John Weitermann
Name of mother of wife Phebe Weitermann
Time of marriage Feb. 25, 1880
Color white
What ceremony Civil
Person pronouncing Charles Nayes
Date of certificate March 22, 1880

Children of John Weitermann and Philippine Jost:

Augustina Weitermann born Apr. 29, 1854 in Two Rivers
Charles Jacob Weitermann born Feb. 9, 1856 In Two Rivers
Caroline Anna Margareth Weitermann born Aug. 8, 1858 in Two Rivers
Emma Maria Catherine Weitermann born June 3, 1860 in Two Rivers
John Peter Weitermann born Aug. 9, 1864 in Two Rivers
Ernest Fredrich Weitermann born Mar. 13, 1866 in Centerville (Cleveland, WI)
Henrietta Eva Margaretha Weitermann born Oct. 17, 1867 in Centerville (died Jan. 19, 1869 in Centerville)
George Christian Weitermann born May 27, 1869 in Centerville

Philomena died at the time of George's birth. A newspaper article has her giving birth while there was an Indian scare and everyone was running toward the water. No doctor or midwife was available to assist in the birth. She is buried in Cleveland, WI. In 1879 John moved the family to Ahnapee (Algoma) WI. In 1986. John bought land in Valmy, Door County, WI and in 1891 his home burned. He died in 1906 at his daughter, Caroline's home where he was living. He is buried in the Valmy church cemetery near the road.

We have documents to back everything up. Have John & Philomena's we marriage record, census records, church records, etc. Am attaching a picture of Philomena/Phillipine/Phebe

Will send you the research from German relative, Hans Weitermann which applies to this family in Wisconsin. My husband, Bill, is a descendant of Charles Weiterman, brother of Emma Weiterman Richter. J. Richter owned land next to Charles Weiterman on the 1899 ,1914 and 1937 on the Jacksonport platt maps. They must have rented it out since they were in Escanaba.

We have a lot of information about the Weiterman family--makes a good story! You'll enjoy reading it. This was a very good, hard-working family--one that you will be happy to add to your family tree! Thank you for the pictures!

Jan

Wednesday, May 25, 2005:

Quote:

Thank you for more pictures! Any chance at all that Emma had a picture of her father? Did she have a wedding picture? We have wedding pictures for the rest of her siblings.

I printed out the pages of the Weitermann family history. Will get them in the mail to you very soon. Thank you for your address. Another Weiterman relative just moved to Florida from Sturgeon Bay, WI. Her name is Deb Bathke, She shared a lot of her research with me, as you will see in the pages I will send. She also is the one who sent me the picture of Philomena and the wedding pictures I mentioned above. She is a descendant of Caroline and Augusta (sisters)! Augusta's daughter married Caroline's (Lena's) son. She fell in love with him while she was visiting from MN and helping Lena aftet the birth of twins, and with the care of John Weitermann Sr. who was living with Lena.

I don't remember where in Florida Deb is, but could give you her email address if you are interested in meeting her.

Jan

Tuesday, May 24, 2005:
Quote:

To: Scott Katarincic
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:49 AM
Subject: genealogy.katarincic.com

Hi There!

Ran across your homepage on the internet as I was looking for Weiterman relatives. Emma Weitermann Richter is related to my husband. We have researched the Weitermann family and have made contact with relatives in Germany, who have shared their research back to the 1600's.

For a start, Emma's mother's name was Philomena/Phillipine Jost Weitermann. She came from the Rhine region of Prussia. Her parent's names were Charles & Elizabeth Jost. Philomena came to the US through New Orleans.

The Weitermann's are from Hardemansgruen, Germany--near Lobenstein. The family resided there for hundreds of years.

Will be happy to share research with you!

Jan Snover
Green Bay, WI